The Destination of Travelers since 1714

Close this search box.


The town was first inhabited by the Rains family in 1851, followed by two other families in the next two years. A school was built in 1853, and became the official pride of the town. The first post office opened in 1855, and the town was named Marthaville in honor of Rains’ wife.

Confederate troops fought a half-hour long battle in Marthaville under General Green. Marthaville’s main economic source is the timber industry. The town was incorporated in 1884.